Feedback & comment to the Administrators and Moderators

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
qitamic

Re: Bug in 7.0.4 Raw Disk Access?

Post by qitamic »

With all due respect, responses from mpack used to help me a lot throughout all these years. But recently I came across some posts where the responses are not-so-helpful, are you all right mpack? We are worried about you (sending you ❤ from the other side of the globe)
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Feedback & comment to the Administrators and Moderators

Post by mpack »

Ahem. And how many people do you feel you have helped in your 9 years here, with a total of 5 posts? (including that beauty). Go put the unpaid effort in, feel the frustration we feel, and then come back and moan about other volunteers not meeting your expectations.
dip

Post by dip »

scottgus1 wrote: 28. Feb 2021, 00:18 MagikGimp, the forum's Upload Attachment tab provides all that a help request needs to attach, no URLs needed, available first day first post. Zipped logs are a very common necessity, possibly resized & cropped screenshots under the 128kB forum size limit.
Great advice, MagikGimp! Utilizing the forum's 'Upload Attachment' tab ensures a seamless help request experience with no need for external URLs. Zipped logs and resized screenshots are indeed valuable additions within forum limits.
dip

Re: Real Help

Post by dip »

Fielding wrote: 7. Jun 2021, 13:40 (Merged to "Feedback to the Moderators")

I wish some day, in this forum, the help will be for real.
Is absurd to responsabilize the user with the lack of help in this forum.
I will try to comunicate to Oracle too.
VirtualBox is not easy, more difficult with Zero help.

Best Regards
I'm upset and hoping for meaningful help in this topic, while criticizing the present practice of blaming problems to people. The difficulties of VirtualBox necessitate comprehensive support, and I intend to contact Oracle for a more beneficial visit.Fm Whatsapp Download
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

dip wrote: 31. Dec 2023, 19:43 I'm upset and hoping for meaningful help in this topic
What is the problem you're having? So far it doesn't look like you've presented an issue you're having with Virtualbox yet: search.php?author_id=136868&sr=posts
mi6

Windows 11 3D HW Acceleration is NOT WORKING !! Why ?!

Post by mi6 »

scottgus1 wrote: 9. Feb 2024, 15:18 OK, though I'm on my way to Siberia :lol: I'll give you one more chance.

Let's see if Guest Additions are installed:

Please start the VM from full normal shutdown, not save-state. Run until you see the problem happen, then shut down the VM from within the VM's OS if possible. If not possible, close the Virtualbox window for the VM with the Power Off option set.

Right-click the VM in the main Virtualbox window's VM list, choose Show in Explorer/Finder/File Manager. In the "Logs" subfolder, zip the VM's "vbox.log", and post the zip file, using the forum's Attachments tab. (Configure your host OS to show all extensions so you can find the "vbox.log", not "vbox.log.1", etc.)
buddy i tell you that your Behaviour & Account is currently under investigation by Oracle Conducting workplace investigations or acas.
so i suggest to your person to respect others and improve yourself into better/self.
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

mi6, I'd suggest some anger management courses. You're getting far too angry over the situation you face. You're not providing us with any usable data to help you solve the problem. Taking it out on me isn't going to get you anywhere.
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

From viewtopic.php?p=546503#p546503
bertje wrote: 17. Feb 2024, 12:34There seems to be no moderator working for Oracle/VirtualBox: After 5 weeks no official confirmation from VirtualBox and no schedule or plan when this critical issue will be fixed.
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

bertje wrote: 17. Feb 2024, 12:34 There seems to be no moderator working for Oracle/VirtualBox:
Technically this is correct. Moderators here on the forum don't work for Oracle. We mods, as well as volunteers and regular users who help with folks' questions are fellow users of Virtualbox like yourself who have volunteered our time to help folks with their Virtualbox problems and are not employed by Oracle.

I suspect you're actually talking about developers, not mods. And the developers don't post on the forum almost ever. They're too busy fixing bugs.
bertje wrote: 17. Feb 2024, 12:34 After 5 weeks no official confirmation from VirtualBox
To confirm that the bug exists, the devs have to know how to reproduce the bug. If they don't know how to yet, they can't confirm it is a bug in Virtualbox, and not something else causing it on the users' computers. Nor do they always respond to bug reports. The devs have stated that they are often too busy fixing the problems to respond to the reports.
bertje wrote: 17. Feb 2024, 12:34 no schedule or plan when this critical issue will be fixed.
The devs do not publish release dates for fixes to problems. They cannot predict the future and therefore don't know when the problem will be fixed. If no one has posted "This will be fixed in version 7.0.X" it means that the devs probably don't know what is causing it yet or fully how to fix it yet.

Use code is considered for contribution. Virtualbox and the Guest Additions are open source and can be diagnosed and debugged by dedicated users. Time for the Bertje Linux Graphics Fix code to be contributed!
daiki
Primary OS: SLAX
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled

Post by daiki »

scottgus1 wrote: 9. Feb 2024, 15:29 mi6, I'd suggest some anger management courses. You're getting far too angry over the situation you face. You're not providing us with any usable data to help you solve the problem. Taking it out on me isn't going to get you anywhere.
I understand your frustration. Let's work together constructively. Providing detailed information will help find solutions faster. Let's focus on progress.