Suggestion : more steps in deleting storage unit confirmation ...

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
dry
Primary OS: Fedora other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Linux

Suggestion : more steps in deleting storage unit confirmation ...

Post by dry »

Hey,

Just wanted to comment on what I observe as being "oops" likely dialog confirmation: it's the one where you deleting a virtual disk.

I understand that the default selected button is Keep, but, if you 'suffer' from either fat fingers, or just sporadic mouse moving syndrome , to just accident, you may select Delete and .. bang.
Should you add at least one extra dialog that pops up after user clicked Delete with "Are you sure?" , and may be even add a tick box into it ... ?

I was just horrified how easy I could have wiped out my 2-3 year old image by accident.

[Btw, did I go blind or Attach button was removed from this forum? I wanted to show the pic of the dialog I'm referring to ]
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Suggestion : more steps in deleting storage unit confirmation ...

Post by mpack »

dry wrote: I was just horrified how easy I could have wiped out my 2-3 year old image by accident.
See, they invented something called "a backup" which can be surprisingly useful in this scenario.

There has never been an "Attach button" (where?). There is however an "Upload attachment" tab in the same place it has always been, i.e. just below the text box when composing a message.
dry
Primary OS: Fedora other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Linux

Post by dry »

mpack wrote:There has never been an "Attach button" (where?).
Well I just remember there was option attach or inline an image/screenshot with your text here .... (dont' remember exact button or name )
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

Well, I've never seen anything like that, but then I've only been here since 2008.

If you upload an attachment, then you do have the option to make the attachment inline: that's an option on the attachment panel.