how to create an ISO image of Windows XP CD contents?

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
cowboyup6983

how to create an ISO image of Windows XP CD contents?

Post by cowboyup6983 »

i have an OEM copy of Windows XP SP3 Home Edition from newegg, only $89.99 always is there anyway to make all the contents of the whole CD into an ISO image, so that I can run and install XP in VirtualBox using the ISO image instead of my DVD Drive?

i saved image on desktop of contents in the CD but I dont know how to attached it, so everyone else can see the files.
TerryE
Volunteer
Primary OS: Ubuntu other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Ubuntu 10.04 & 11.10, both Svr&Wstn, Debian, CentOS

Post by TerryE »

Yes, it's straight forward, but have a look the Forum Posting Guide for help in framing Qs. For example the answer is different if your host is Windows or Linux.
Read the Forum Posting Guide
Google your Q site:VirtualBox.org or search for the answer before posting.
cowboyup6983

Post by cowboyup6983 »

TerryE wrote:Yes, it's straight forward, but have a look the Forum Posting Guide for help in framing Qs. For example the answer is different if your host is Windows or Linux.
this forums is a complete joke. no one here answers any questions, instead they ask people to reframe questions so that a 10year idot could answer. i'll be glad to be remove from this place. just a bunch of idots here anyway that think there to SMART to answer anything.

well to answer my own question for the third time in these forums. for windows users use this free application.

InfraRecorder is a free CD/DVD burning solution for Microsoft Windows. It offers a wide range of powerful features; all through an easy to use application interface and Windows Explorer integration.

It lets you:

* Create custom data, audio and mixed-mode projects and record them to physical discs as well as disc images.
* Supports recording to dual-layer DVDs.
* Blank (erase) rewritable discs using four different methods.
* Record disc images (ISO and BIN/CUE).
* Fixate discs (write lead-out information to prevent further data from being added to the disc).
* Scan the SCSI/IDE bus for devices and collect information about their capabilities.
* Create disc copies, on the fly and using a temporary disc image.
* Import session data from multi-session discs and add more sessions to them.
* Display disc information.
* Save audio and data tracks to files (.wav, .wma, .ogg, .mp3 and .iso).

sourceinfo:
http://infrarecorder.sourceforge.net/

download link:
http://infrarecorder.sourceforge.net/?page_id=5
Last edited by cowboyup6983 on 25. Aug 2008, 01:26, edited 1 time in total.
stefan.becker
Volunteer

Post by stefan.becker »

No, questions without infos are joke.

Like he said, its not the same. For Linux "dd" is the choice.

Giving all infos at start makes it easier to give the correct answer without asking back questions.
TerryE
Volunteer
Primary OS: Ubuntu other
Guest OSses: Ubuntu 10.04 & 11.10, both Svr&Wstn, Debian, CentOS

Post by TerryE »

Thanks Stefan.

cowboyup6983, it wasn't a dumb question or a joke. You didn't say what your host OS was. All I was wanting you to come back with is "my host is Ununtu Hardy" or Windows XP or whatever. As Stefan says if you'd answered "Linux" then I would have explained how to use the dd command which comes as standard. In the case of Windows there are numerous "power toys" available.

Losing your cool and flaming isn't constructive. I have just had a look at your last post; you were also rude for little reason on that too. You clearly haven't bother to do as we requested and read the Forum Posting Guide. There is only one party acting immaturely here.

This a warning. If you repeat this behaviour then you will be banned from the forum. I am locking this topic.
Read the Forum Posting Guide
Google your Q site:VirtualBox.org or search for the answer before posting.
cowboyup6983

Post by cowboyup6983 »

stefan.becker wrote:No, questions without infos are joke.

Like he said, its not the same. For Linux "dd" is the choice.

Giving all infos at start makes it easier to give the correct answer without asking back questions.
lets see..

I have a CD label Windows XP Home Edition, I want to make into an ISO. Difficulty zero! Yet no answers. Even if my host operating were a Linux or Windows, the idea is still the same way. There are many applications that work for both Linux and Windows.

So an answer could have been, Yes find a third party application or any application for that matter that will let you copy a disc to a disc image!!!!!!!!!!
dmcgraw
Volunteer
Primary OS: Ubuntu 8.10
Guest OSses: XP, Ubuntu 9.10

Post by dmcgraw »

cowboyup6983 wrote:There are many applications that work for both Linux and Windows.
Can you name one CD/DVD recording application that works for both Linux and Windows?