HP ProtectTools Security Manager\Bin\DpOFeedb.dll [lacks WinVerifyTrust]

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
pasiva

HP ProtectTools Security Manager\Bin\DpOFeedb.dll [lacks WinVerifyTrust]

Post by pasiva »

Re-installing manytimes and deleting user folders didnt fix this error.

2b40.d5c: supR3HardenedScreenImage/LdrLoadDll: cache hit (Unknown Status -23021 (0xffffa613)) on \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Program Files\HP\HP ProtectTools Security Manager\Bin\DpOFeedb.dll [lacks WinVerifyTrust]
2b40.d5c: supR3HardenedScreenImage/LdrLoadDll: cache hit (Unknown Status -23021 (0xffffa613)) on \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Program Files\HP\HP ProtectTools Security Manager\Bin\DpOFeedb.dll [lacks WinVerifyTrust]

I have attached the full log,
Attachments
VBoxHardening.zip
Logfile
(12.79 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
socratis
Site Moderator
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Win(*>98), Linux*, OSX>10.5

Re: HP ProtectTools Security Manager\Bin\DpOFeedb.dll [lacks WinVerifyTrust]

Post by socratis »

Do you realize that you didn't actually tell us what your VirtualBox problem is? ;)

If you can't start any VMs due to hardening errors, then you've got to either completely uninstall the HP tools, or add an exception for VirtualBox. See the why in Diagnosing VirtualBox Hardening Issues.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
pasiva

Post by pasiva »

Problem:
Cant start any VMs. Error screenshot attached.
( Cant START BOTH ➡ Newly created one with iso in drive. And previously working VDIs. )

I un-installed HP client security and now contents changed in new log.

Thanks for understanding.
Attachments
Logs.zip
(30.28 KiB) Downloaded 42 times
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Read the link that I gave you and see what candidate programs you may have that could cause this. I can't see anything obvious from the log.
Do NOT send me Personal Messages (PMs) for troubleshooting, they are simply deleted.
Do NOT reply with the "QUOTE" button, please use the "POST REPLY", at the bottom of the form.
If you obfuscate any information requested, I will obfuscate my response. These are virtual UUIDs, not real ones.
pasiva

Post by pasiva »

How can i find which dll is causing problem ?
After removing HP-security tools Other dlls are causing error.

JUST TELL ME WHICH DLL/APPLICATION must be uninstalled next ?

[Mod edit: removed partial chunks of text from the VBoxHardening.log]
Attachments
Logs.zip
(38.43 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
Last edited by socratis on 3. Aug 2018, 12:59, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed partial log.
socratis
Site Moderator

Post by socratis »

Please read really carefully the following FAQ: Diagnosing VirtualBox Hardening Issues for some generic guidelines/ideas. Remember, these are guidelines, not the exact solution, you have to use your judgement as to which program might be responsible...

Unfortunately there is no easy way for us to tell you "Uninstall XYZ". Sometimes it's obvious. Sometimes we have absolutely no clue.