Networking Issue

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
INGZORRILLA

Networking Issue

Post by INGZORRILLA »

Sorry if this is already posted, but the search engine of the forum its not working 4 me...

... Well my problem...

... I have a Windows Server 2003 Instalation (Guest) on a Windows XP Pro (Host)...

... in the Network settings the device 0 is set as PCnet-FAST III (NAT) (Default), Its working fine with Web pages and everything but i just cant get it 2 work with my intenal network...

... Can Anyone point me in the right direction to set my Guest OS 2 work along with my network¿?
INGZORRILLA

Post by INGZORRILLA »

OK Sorry 4 that Stupid Question, LoL i just didnt read the entire Manual...

... Well Here comes A "Real" question lol...

... I Setted up my new host interface and bridged it with mi Physical Connection, but i Still cant get my guest OS into my Network...

... Theres someting that i dont Fully understand (maybe theres the problem i dont know)...

... I setted up the "Bridge" TCP/IP connections with the same info of my Physical one (Correct me if i'm Wrong)...

... I Start my Virtual OS and the Host Interface Connects 2 the Bridge (YEEEYYYY)...

... then I Just Dont know what kinda info i should give it to the TCP/IP connection in the guest os....

(Remember im Runing Windows Server 2003 (Guest) on Win XP PRO (Host).
Sasquatch
Volunteer
Primary OS: Debian other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows XP, Windows 7, Linux

Post by Sasquatch »

What would you do if you add a new computer to your current network? What settings do you set for that machine? If you know the answer to that, you have the answer to your question.
Read the Forum Posting Guide before opening a topic.
VirtualBox FAQ: Check this before asking questions.
Online User Manual: A must read if you want to know what we're talking about.
Howto: Install Linux Guest Additions
Howto: Use Shared Folders on Linux Guest
See the Tutorials and FAQ section at the top of the Forum for more guides.
Try searching the forums first with Google and add the site filter for this forum.
E.g. install guest additions site:forums.virtualbox.org

Retired from this Forum since OSSO introduction.
INGZORRILLA

Post by INGZORRILLA »

Well, First of all, and correct me if I'm wrong, i thinks this is an "Open Forum" and you are not in the obligation of answering all questions...
... if you think that the question is stupid enough 4 you, just keep your spam 4 youself...

... I have setted up a just a few Servers in my life (Over 200), so maybe and just maybe i know hot 2 do this...

... If i decided 2 post this question is just 4 one reason... I've Tried all the posible combinations to set this Windows Server Out with no luck, hoping that a nice soul could point me in the right direction...

... If Any1 have a possible reason of why I cant connect my guest OS to my internal network and have the time to explain that 2 me, please do it...

... Thanks...

... Truly yours Federico Zorrilla.

P. D.: Your link 2 the User manual is Broken :)
Sasquatch
Volunteer
Primary OS: Debian other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows XP, Windows 7, Linux

Post by Sasquatch »

Thanks for pointing out the broken link, I fixed it now.

As for your experience with servers and what not, I would expect that you would know this too. If you don't run a DHCP server on your network, you set the Guest OS with a static address, else it should get one from the DHCP (but it's still best to set a static address as it's a server, but you already knew this).

Also, for someone that is a bit more technical I would expect proper posts with proper grammer and no abbreviations. It's really hard to read if every line starts and ends with '...', writing to/too as 2, for as 4 and so on. This a a forum, there is no limit on characters you can use for your post like a text message on a mobile phone. Please, use full words.

If you doubt my knowledge, check how many people I helped here. I know my share about how stuff works. I study for it and already have lots of experience with this. I have a working setup without any problems.
Read the Forum Posting Guide before opening a topic.
VirtualBox FAQ: Check this before asking questions.
Online User Manual: A must read if you want to know what we're talking about.
Howto: Install Linux Guest Additions
Howto: Use Shared Folders on Linux Guest
See the Tutorials and FAQ section at the top of the Forum for more guides.
Try searching the forums first with Google and add the site filter for this forum.
E.g. install guest additions site:forums.virtualbox.org

Retired from this Forum since OSSO introduction.