Accept donations by PayPal

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
Voland

Accept donations by PayPal

Post by Voland »

Many people, I'm sure, would like to donate small (or big, depending maybe on mood and personal wealth :-)) amounts of money to thank developers for their work and help them to keep this project going and improving. Since many of us already use PayPal accounts, I think this is an idea worth considering.
A search on this forum yeld no result, but if this topic was already discussed, please point me to it and feel free to delete this post.
luigi
...??? ??? ? ??, ????????
-- ? - ????? ??? ????, ??? ????? ????? ??? ? ????? ????????? ?????.
????. "?????"
bodhi.zazen
Volunteer

Post by bodhi.zazen »

+1
If is a virtual machine, is it still broken ?
jppayne

Post by jppayne »

+2

I would also contribute.
Technologov
Volunteer

Post by Technologov »

Good idea.

Alternatively Innotek could start selling "original" CDs, with some good covers/artwork on them, and ship both Windows and Linux versions of the product. This could generate few bucks extra.
PuNkErX

Post by PuNkErX »

I'd love to donate, as soon as they finish the bridged networking in OS X. hint hint, lol

But in all seriousness, Virtualbox is an awesome project, I'd gladly chip in some change, and once they get the bridged networking going, then I could finally replace VMWare, which means, no licensing costs, which means more donations ;)
demod

Post by demod »

I also would like to donate a few euro or buy a single user license to show my appreciation
steqve

Post by steqve »

No comment from Innotek?
sandervl
Volunteer
Primary OS: MS Windows Vista
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux, Solaris

Post by sandervl »

Although we appreciate the support, we have no plans to accept donations from end-users.

You can support us in other ways though. By testing our product and reporting problems in our bug tracker. (http://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Bugtracker)

Helping other users in the forum is also appreciated. It saves us time to focus on development. :)

Thanks!
steqve

Post by steqve »

well that comment just proves one thing...

....you are truly wise programmers!

I'm a develeoper and knows that good testing cannot be bought by money (in most cases). A large community testing the software will provide great regression tests and that will give a boost in quality.

You are most welcome!
vatbier

Post by vatbier »

Aha, I see a "Paypal Donate" button on http://www.virtualbox.org/.

I'm happy to have been able to give a small amount to Innotek.
VirtualBox 1.5.2 is extremely useful for me as an end-user.