I'm using SuSE Enterprise 10 (SP1), and trying to get networking working on a Windows XP (SP2) client. I'm using the latest Virtualbox 1.6.0.
I'd much prefer to use the Host Interface methodolgy as opposed to NAT and this is what I'm trying to do...
I've tried following the manual, but no luck. Here are the steps I've performed thus far:
1) Installed the bridging utils:
2) Added a filed /etc/sysconfig/network/ifcfg-br0 with the following:
- Code: Select all Expand viewCollapse view
(You'll notice I've changed it from dhcp in the manual, as there is no dhcp server).
3) Changed the eth0 config to a static IP of 0.0.0.0.
4) Activiated the bridge:
5) Added a vbox0 host:
6) Changed my Windows client to use vbox0
7) Set my Windows client to an IP of 10.0.0.220
This doesn't work. Connection is seen in Windows but no net access (there doesn't seem to be any rx packets). There is net access on the client.
I looked at the ifconfig at vbox0 only had an ipv6 address, so I tried adding the ipv4 address I expected it to use:
Still no luck.
I also can now not VNC remotely into the machine, and have to go through another machine on the same network - but this can be resolved later.
What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance.