Mount ISO as Blank CD

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
Cheater

Mount ISO as Blank CD

Post by Cheater »

Is there some way to mount a blank iso as a writable disk? I have an Ubuntu Gutsy host and a Windows XP guest. The idea is to be able to burn a blank "disk" in Windows, but have it really be an iso file on the host. This way, I don't need to waste an actual disk. Hopefully you guys will understand what I am trying to accomplish. If you need clarification, just ask.
Sasquatch
Volunteer
Primary OS: Debian other
VBox Version: VirtualBox+Oracle ExtPack
Guest OSses: Windows XP, Windows 7, Linux

Post by Sasquatch »

There are programs for Windows that can create an image directly. UltraISO (MagicISO, PowerISO, etc.) can create images without burning anything. Just open the program, put the files in the top file manager and hit the save button. Nero can use it's Image Recorder to create .nrg images. You can then use the shared folders or a regular share on the Host to move it out of the VM.
Cheater

Post by Cheater »

I'm not just looking to create an iso file. I need to somehow mount a blank iso and make Windows think that it is a rewritable disk. That way, I can use any cd burning application to write to the iso.

I know there are windows programs to accomplish this. I was just wondering if it was possible to do it with virtual box. That way, I could do it the same way on any guest os.