mount share folder on Solaris 10 (U7) Guset with ZFS root

Discussions about using Solaris guests in VirtualBox.
richew
Primary OS: MS Windows Vista
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Solaris

mount share folder on Solaris 10 (U7) Guset with ZFS root

Post by richew »

Hi! I have a problem to mount a windows host share folder on a Solaris 10 (U7) guset with ZFS root.

After I installed the Solaris ZFS root, I tried to mount the share folder manually is fine, for example,

# mount -F vboxfs -o rw,uid=100,gid=10 share /export/home/<username>/share

However, if I want it to be mounted while boot, it doesn't work. It complained there is no /export/home/<username> directory. The entry in /etc/vfstab is:

share - /export/home/<username>/share vboxfs - yes rw,uid=100,gid=10

Did i do something wrong? Or, there is another way to do it?

Please help.

Thanks.
maierkomor
Primary OS: MS Windows XP
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: OpenSolaris

Re: mount share folder on Solaris 10 (U7) Guset with ZFS root

Post by maierkomor »

I guess the directory you are trying to mount to is not mounted yet. Try setting a directory as mount point that is on your root filesystem, such as /share/something.

HTH,
Thomas
kb2001
Primary OS: Ubuntu 8.10
VBox Version: OSE Debian
Guest OSses: Win7, Fedora11, Ubuntu8.10, WindosXP

Re: mount share folder on Solaris 10 (U7) Guset with ZFS root

Post by kb2001 »

Agree. Your home directory is not yet mounted when you try to mount the shared directory. Is your home directory on an NFS mount? This would explain it. I don;t know how to correct it though, the actions happen concurrently. There may be a way to establish dependencies, but I don;t know of it. The only option I can see is to separate the point at which the action is taken. This would require the creation of another service (either SMF or legacy rc.x) that will share the desired directory, and set it high for legacy rc.x, or make it depend on your nfs service for SMF. Not what you want, but you can make it work.