Permissions messed up in shared folders in 3.0.0!

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
yesint
Primary OS: Ubuntu other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows XP

Permissions messed up in shared folders in 3.0.0!

Post by yesint »

Dear All,
I upgraded to 3.0.0 from 2.2.4 and immediately went into big trouble. I have a shared folder in WinXP guest, which is located in Ubuntu 9.04 host. I opened .doc file in this folder from guest and then saved it. It is saved with permissions "-r--------" i.e. read only for everybody, even for owner! Next saves fail of course and it stops all useful work. I experimented a bit and this problem persists regardless of initial permissions. After reverting back to 2.2.4 the problem disappeared.
This resembles bug #3785 and related things, which is said to be fixed long ago, but it seems to still be here :(
For some strange reason I can't register for sending a bug report. Could somebody do this please?
manelli
Primary OS: openSUSE
Guest OSses: wxp, reactos, w32 7, centos, ubuntu

Re: Permissions messed up in shared folders in 3.0.0!

Post by manelli »

Similar problem here:

1.- Virtual machine with Xp 32 bits SP2 stop to boot normally, only using last know configuration
2.- CVS client Tortoise cannot access data previously logged with release 2.2.4
3.- copying file not permitted from lan drive to virtual folder and from local guest drive to virtual folder.

So reverted to 2.2.4, uninstalled guest addons 3.0.0 and reinstalled guest addons 2.2.4 and seems that file touched by reelease 3.0.0 still with trouble, after erased and reworked all is normal.

Sorry for my hugly english,
Marcelo Anelli
roxland
Primary OS: Ubuntu other
Guest OSses: XP

Re: Permissions messed up in shared folders in 3.0.0!

Post by roxland »

Same here. I'll have to revert also!

XP guest in in Ubuntu 9.04, shared folder definitely not marked 'Read Only'.