Mouse Integration fails - can I get it to default to OFF!?

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
jimmarch

Mouse Integration fails - can I get it to default to OFF!?

Post by jimmarch »

I'm running Ubuntu Feisty as host, WinXP as guest. I've experimented with three computers so far, two laptops running Intel945/950 graphics, one with ATI (Dell 1501, ATI mid-range video). I've tried different drivers for each.

No matter what I do, once I get XP running and use the mouse to do selections in the start menu, the mouse cursor vanishes. It still works, but it's invisible.

Once I disable mouse integration, this problem is fixed.

Now I have no problem whatsoever running without integration. I actually prefer it without. But I can't get the Virtualbox software to default to MI "off" instead of "on". And I have a user I installed a system for who is having a hard time remembering the solution.

Second possible cure would be to actually fix MI.

HELP?

Jim
mn_kthompson

Post by mn_kthompson »

I'm also having problems with Mouse Integration. For some reason on my Ubuntu machine that mouse pointer is not synced up with the actual spot that the mouse is in. For example, if I right click on an icon, a different menu will show up in the middle of the screen.

What makes this so odd is that I'm also running VB on a Debian machine and I'm not having this problem. It is an older version on the Debian machine, however, so I can't be sure that we're not witnessing a new bug that was introduced in the latest version.

Anyway, I don't know how to disable MI by default. I looked through all of the xml files that I could find, but none of them seemed to talk about MI.
hamneck

MI not working correctly for me either

Post by hamneck »

I'm having the same problem as Jimmarch. When Mouse Integration is enabled, the mouse seems to be working, but it isn't aligned correctly on the screen. Basically, no matter where i click on the screen, the mouse thinks it's all the way at the bottom. So, if i right-click, the taskbar menu pops up (I'm running a WinXP guest on an Ubuntu host).

I have guest additions 1.5.4

It used to work, but just stopped working today when i rebooted the host and guest.

Any ideas?