Error when installing the VirtualBox extension pack

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
TigressGrid

Error when installing the VirtualBox extension pack

Post by TigressGrid »

Hello, how's everyone doing?

So I am trying to install the VirtualBox extension pack, I am using linux mint. I have tried most of the solutions and I am getting slightly frustrated. I follwed the instructions and I only get this

"Failed to install the Extension Pack /home/cloud58/Downloads/Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-7.0.18.vbox-extpack.

Failed to load the main module ('/usr/lib/virtualbox/ExtensionPacks/Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack/linux.amd64/VBoxPuelMainso'): VERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND - /usr/lib/virtualbox/ExtensionPacks/Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack/linux.amd64/VBoxPuelMainso: undefined symbol: _ZN20RTCRestClientApiBase9setCAFileERK9RTCString.

Result Code: NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)
Component: ExtPackManagerWrap
Interface: IExtPackManager {70401eef-c8e9-466b-9660-45cb3e9979e4}"

due to formatting issues there is supposed to be a period in VBoxPuelmain so. example: VboxPuelMain(period)so and VBoxPuelMain(period)so.

I did a fresh install, let the virtual machine reinstall it, followed some advice in here (which most of them are for windows), seen videos and still nothing. and help will be amazing!
klaus
Oracle Corporation

Re: Error when installing the VirtualBox extension pack

Post by klaus »

Are you installing the ExtPack version 7.0.18 using VirtualBox 7.0.18? ExtPacks sometimes have to match 1:1...

Which VirtualBox package are you using and from which source?