remove sidebar on the right of screen

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
Colibri

remove sidebar on the right of screen

Post by Colibri »

Hi, I am using VirtualBox 7.0.14, it's a great software. but I saw this sidebar on the right very confuse me. what the reason user need to see such a bar everytime bootup? how can I disable it by default?
Attachments
sidebar.png
sidebar.png (28.58 KiB) Viewed 1294 times
multiOS
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: WIN11,10, 7, Linux (various)

Re: remove sidebar on the right of screen

Post by multiOS »

You cannot remove/disable the startup info panel, which was introduced in VirtualBox 7.0 to meet customer demands/needs, but in my experience it is relatively easy to mitigate the impact by clicking on the red 'x' to close those individual advisory notifications which repeatedly appear and then the Close panel 'x'. i.e. Since taking this approach on my macOS and Windows Host systems the VirtualBox Notification Panel only appears for a couple of seconds and then disappears automatically, unless a startup problem occurs resulting in a 'new' advisory message describing the problem.
Colibri

Post by Colibri »

In my step, win11 + ubuntu, it never auto hide. This is a very annoying UI as a end user. wish team can remove it in next release.
multiOS
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: WIN11,10, 7, Linux (various)

Post by multiOS »

See: https://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/21916

No change is likely to be introduced in 7.0.xx, but may be considered for the next full upgrade to 7.1