Launching issues on Virtual box 7.0 Windows 11

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
notAlban

Launching issues on Virtual box 7.0 Windows 11

Post by notAlban »

I'm writing this because I encounter several issues on launching Garuda Linux (Arch Linux based) on Virtual box 7.0 (with latest updates), with Windows 11 as a host.

When I launch my vm, I can navigate to a grub interface to select "Garuda Linux". But when I select this option I get stuck on a screen with only two lines:

Code: Select all

Loading Linux linux-zen...
Loading initial ramdisk...
and I have no other choice but to shut down.

However when I select "Advanced options for Garuda Linux" and then "Garuda Linux, with Linux linux-zen (recovery mode)" that doesn't launch graphical drivers, I can boot normally and see OS' booting logs that say everything is okay, then I get on a root command line and when I exit it to continue booting I only get a very small black screen with nothing happening.

I assigned 4 cpu cores to the machine (I have Intel core I5-1135G7 @ 2.40GHz), 6320Mo for the RAM, 32Mo for the video RAM. I chose Arch Linux (64-bit) as OS and 154.83 Go of hard disk. So I think none of this is the problem.

I read a topic saying the issue could be patched if I switched to VboxSVGA instead of VMSVGA but when I do this it says "Invalid Parameter detected" so I don't think it's a solution. Another issue could be the hyper-v. And this is where something weird occurs: I don't have Hyper-V installed and windows says it is disabled. But when I open my journal I have a line wrote

Code: Select all

00:00:18.315361 NEM: Adjusting APIC configuration from X2APIC to APIC max mode.  X2APIC is not supported by the WinHvPlatform API!
00:00:18.315373 NEM: Disable Hyper-V if you need X2APIC for your guests!
I don't know if it means that Virtual box detects that Hyper-V is enable but I'm stuck here. I need your help.