Exiting full screen leaves a screen full screen with an Ubuntu menu bar

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
jrlemieux

Exiting full screen leaves a screen full screen with an Ubuntu menu bar

Post by jrlemieux »

Hello,

I have a Windows VM running on an Ubuntu host. Both my Ubuntu box and my VM have two screens.

When I do Host-F to put my screens in full screen mode, they both do so perfectly.

When I do a second Host-F, my screens leave full screen mode, with this strange behavior:
  • One VM screen of my VM runs in a normal Ubuntu "floating window", with a title bar as well as icons at the top right to minimize, maximize and close the window.
  • But my second VM screen remains full screen, albeit this time as a Ubuntu full screen window, i.e. with no title bar, and with no icons to minimize or maximize it etc.
If I shut down and restart the VM, then I'll have two correct floating windows with a title bar and icons at the top right corner.

Here are below screenshots that show the difference in the two VM windows when full screen mode is inactive.

I'm badly trying to figure out how I can leave full screen mode with two floating VM windows that would both have a standard title bar and the icons at the right top corner to minimize, resize, maximize and close.

Can someone let me know what I do wrong?

Thank you!

This first VM window has a title bar and icons at the top right to minimize, maximize and close the window (icons not show in the partial screenshot, but they exist!).
1.png
1.png (136.98 KiB) Viewed 2264 times

This second VM window does not have a title bar nor icons at the top right to minimize, maximize and close the window.
2.png
2.png (130.02 KiB) Viewed 2264 times