TPM or some other config not working on version 7.0.14

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
MarkFoley

TPM or some other config not working on version 7.0.14

Post by MarkFoley »

I am attempting to upgrade to Windows 11. I have VBox version 7.0.14. I have an ASUS PRIM 9550M-A motherboard with an AMD Ryzen 5 4600G CPU and 8G of memory on the VM. On the motherboard, I have enabled Advanced > AMD fTMP Configuration > Enable Firmware TPM. The drive boots Linux UEFI.

On the Oracle VM VirtualBox Manager > Settings > System, I have selected "TPM 2.0" and "Enable EFI (special OSes only)".

When I boot the Windows 10 guest, the "PC Health Check" no longer give the message, "This PC doesn't currently meet Windows 11 system requirements." When I run tmp.msc it shows the "TMP Management on local computer" screen and shows the TPM Manufacturer information (Manufacturer Name IBM Manufacturer Version 8217.4131.22.13871. Everything else look fine on this screen. Yet, when I go to Windows Update it says, "This PC doesn't currently meet the minimum system requirements to run Windows 11."

What am I missing?

Later, more info:
I tried downloading https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softwar ... /windows11 and upgrading manually. Same results, "This PC doesn't meet the minimum system requirements to install Windows 11." This is all highly frustrating because this is a new MB/CPU I bought specifically to upgrade my Window 10 VM to Windows 11. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
MarkFoley

Re: TPM or some other config not working on version 7.0.14

Post by MarkFoley »

I've got it working!

The solution was simply this: I waited a day after setting the TPM option in the BIOS and Vbox Manger! After the wait, when I went back into Windows "Check for Updates", I did not have the message, "This PC doesn't currently meet Windows 11 system requirements". Instead, I had the button to download and install Windows 11. Somewhere in my searching for solutions on the Internet I came across a post where someone said that Windows Update needed some time to "sync up" with with "PC Health Check". Apparently the "Check for Updates" function does not do this in live time. I wish I could find that link for reference. Anyway, I checked again 30+ hours after enabling the TPM settings and voila! I was good to go. I doubt if 30 hours is required for Windows Update, but that's the soonest I checked.