I've got a problem with Virtualbox 7

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Monstercarp

I've got a problem with Virtualbox 7

Post by Monstercarp »

Hi
I've got a problem I'd like some help with.

I updated my computer 12 months ago and for technical reasons I had to do a clean boot and reinstall the programs I use. I have now come to reinstalling. I'm now having difficulty installing Virtual box 7. I have an important, but old, program that that I need to run on Windows 7. Until a last year it worked fine.

It is probably 15 years since I last did this and I'm simply unable to remember how I installed virtualbox and subsequently Windows 7.

I'm struggling with the guidance available on the Oracle website.

I was hoping that somebody could point me in the direction a rather simpler guide.

Many thanks

Peter
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: I've got a problem with Virtualbox 7

Post by scottgus1 »

You could look at section 1 in the Virtualbox manual. It describes setting up a VM.

Installing Virtualbox on Windows hosts is like installing any other app. It does help to right-click the Virtualbox installer and choose Run As Administrator.

You'll need a licensable Windows 7 CD or ISO.

When Virtualbox is installed, make a new Windows 7 VM with the main Virtualbox Window's New command. Check the "Skip Unattended Install" option if you can.

In the VM's System settings, Processors tab, set to 2 processors, and set Display settings video RAM to max.

When you start the VM, you'll be asked for the CD or ISO. Let Windows 7 install, and then you're ready.