Best for Virtual Box? What is better Mac or PC?

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
RickyVMnoob

Best for Virtual Box? What is better Mac or PC?

Post by RickyVMnoob »

Hi everyone,

Recently I have encountered problems with downloading and installing the Virtual box for my Apple M1 max MacBook Pro ( Monterey ).

I need the Virtual Box to follow the assignments and lectures, but I am stuck now.

What do you think is the best option? Get a Windows OS? Should Stick with Mac and wait for the Virtual Box to come out.

Thank you!
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Best for Virtual Box? What is better Mac or PC?

Post by scottgus1 »

Get an Intel Mac, or a regular Intel/AMD PC/laptop and Windows or Linux. M# Macs will not be running anything useful in x86/64 OSs for some time.
RickyVMnoob

Post by RickyVMnoob »

hi,

My MacBook Pro is an Intel Core i7. When I install the Virtual Box same message appears.

The virtual machine failed to boot. That might be caused by a missing operating system or a misconfigured boot order. Mounting an operating system install DVD might solve this problem. Selecting an ISO file will attempt to mount it after the dialogue is closed.

Thanks for your help
granada29
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Linux, macOS, Windows

Post by granada29 »

A VirtualBox virtual machine (VM) is like bare-bones computer. It does not include the operating system for your guest VM.

You need to obtain a Windows Installer ISO from Microsoft and install this into your VM.