Using Windows NT on VirtualBox 7.0.14

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
tylericity

Using Windows NT on VirtualBox 7.0.14

Post by tylericity »

I don't know if this is an issue with VirtualBox or its the CD I'm using, but whenever the Setup finishes loading the setup files, it blue screens. Anyone know how to fix this? Is this a problem you have to? I am testing Windows NT in a virtual machine.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Using Windows NT on VirtualBox 7.0.14

Post by scottgus1 »

Have you tried Windows NT in an earlier version of Virtualbox using that CD? If yes, and the CD works, what version did you try it under? Has thee CD been used as a coaster or Frizbee or dog/baby chew toy?

Please start the VM from full normal shutdown, not save-state. Run until you see the problem happen, then shut down the VM from within the VM's OS if possible. If not possible, close the Virtualbox window for the VM with the Power Off option set.

Right-click the VM in the main Virtualbox window's VM list, choose Show in Explorer/Finder/File Manager. In the "Logs" subfolder, zip the VM's "vbox.log", and post the zip file, using the forum's Attachments tab. (Configure your host OS to show all extensions so you can find the "vbox.log", not "vbox.log.1", etc.)
javispedro
Primary OS: openSUSE
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Old & New Windows, Linux

Re: Using Windows NT on VirtualBox 7.0.14

Post by javispedro »

May be a dupe of viewtopic.php?t=108998. You are not mentioning which version of NT, but ensure the correct version is selected in the guest OS type selector in VirtualBox.