Windows 11 Development Environment guest fails to load; no errors

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
cawright00

Windows 11 Development Environment guest fails to load; no errors

Post by cawright00 »

I'm aware there is a similar thread down below with no real resolution other than saying that the user didn't have enough RAM, which doesn't seem to be my problem. Other than that, I'm having basically an identical experience. I downloaded the official Microsoft Windows Dev VM for VirtualBox for an Intel Mac and it never loads. It either hangs on the Windows Boot Manager, or gets to a black screen and then freezes. I've tried changing resolution, restarting, etc. but cannot get past it. Once I saw a tiny mouse pointer but that was as far as it got. I've attached the log to see if anyone has any suggestions. Thanks!
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Windows 11 Development Environment guest fails to load; no errors

Post by scottgus1 »

cawright00 wrote: 12. Jan 2024, 22:32 I've attached the log to see if anyone has any suggestions.
Take a shot at this again, looks like the upload didn't work.

Please start the VM from full normal shutdown, not save-state. Run until you see the problem happen, then shut down the VM from within the VM's OS if possible. If not possible, close the Virtualbox window for the VM with the Power Off option set.

Right-click the VM in the main Virtualbox window's VM list, choose Show in Explorer/Finder/File Manager. In the "Logs" subfolder, zip the VM's "vbox.log", and post the zip file, using the forum's Attachments tab. (Configure your host OS to show all extensions so you can find the "vbox.log", not "vbox.log.1", etc.)
cawright00

Post by cawright00 »

Here is the attached log and a screenshot of the state it was in before I did the power down.
Attachments
screenshot-small.jpg
screenshot-small.jpg (125.14 KiB) Viewed 4049 times
vbox.log.zip
(48.4 KiB) Downloaded 341 times
granada29
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Linux, macOS, Windows

Post by granada29 »

Try again with 3D acceleration disabled for your display. Should that also fail, please post another log.
cawright00

Post by cawright00 »

That appears to have been it -- thank you!