Windows 10 VM plays a second of audio and then has no audio anymore

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
uhhhhhhhidk

Windows 10 VM plays a second of audio and then has no audio anymore

Post by uhhhhhhhidk »

My friend just got a Windows 10 VM, and when he starts it and tests some sound it plays for one second and then there's no more sound from his VM. He has his Audio Controller set at Intel HD Audio, because when he puts it at ICH AC97 the sound is disabled when he starts the VM. Could someone help us out?

Attachments
Screen Shot 2024-01-11 at 11.29.41 PM.png
Screen Shot 2024-01-11 at 11.29.41 PM.png (41.57 KiB) Viewed 3429 times
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Windows 10 VM plays a second of audio and then has no audio anymore

Post by scottgus1 »

Please start the VM from full normal shutdown, not save-state. Run until you see the problem happen, then shut down the VM from within the VM's OS if possible. If not possible, close the Virtualbox window for the VM with the Power Off option set.

Right-click the VM in the main Virtualbox window's VM list, choose Show in Explorer/Finder/File Manager. In the "Logs" subfolder, zip the VM's "vbox.log", and post the zip file, using the forum's Attachments tab. (Configure your host OS to show all extensions so you can find the "vbox.log", not "vbox.log.1", etc.)
uhhhhhhhidk

Post by uhhhhhhhidk »

Here. Also, I did do normal shutdown, and there were no warning popups, I was just wanting to test the audio in the machine and I heard just one second of audio then no more audio when I tested again.
Attachments
VBox.log.zip
(32.96 KiB) Downloaded 224 times
Last edited by uhhhhhhhidk on 13. Jan 2024, 04:24, edited 2 times in total.
granada29
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Linux, macOS, Windows

Post by granada29 »

Try increasing the number of CPUs to 2. You have only allocated a single core to the VM. Not sure if it will solve your problem but is worth trying.
uhhhhhhhidk

Post by uhhhhhhhidk »

I did that. I can now hear some sound, but it stopped at one point, so I increased to 4 CPUs... before I found out my audio is just weak. Anything else to do to improve it or something?

I use that VM to compose soundtracks tbh and I haven't made any successful ones yet...
Last edited by uhhhhhhhidk on 14. Jan 2024, 08:38, edited 2 times in total.