Integration Issues

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
Tdonald

Integration Issues

Post by Tdonald »

Hi!
I'm using a Linux Mint, Cinnamon 21.2 OS. I have installed VirtualBox on my system. Inside VB I've created a Win7 (32 bit) system.

I'm doing this to attempt to install Age of Mythology.

I found a few work arounds that got things far enough that the intro for the game would load, but the menu screen was completely blank and the game would freeze. After a touch of research, I found I needed the virtualboxguestutlities.iso and had to download that through the software manager on Linux. Got that installed, and mounted as a CD in the Win7 machine. Installed the files and now the intro won't play, it just shoots odd parts of the intro videos, and then crashes when the menu screen for the game is supposed to come up.

Is there something I can adjust within the guest machine to make the game playable?
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Integration Issues

Post by scottgus1 »

7.0.12's Guest Additions are having trouble on Windows 7. Try the 7.0 test build GAs https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Testbuilds
Tdonald

Post by Tdonald »

@scottgus1 Nope, didn't work. test build would not load, or I did it wrong because I'm not sure what I'm doing with that package. Next idea?
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

Tdonald wrote: 26. Dec 2023, 17:37Next idea?
Yes, try again, this time noting exactly what you're doing and exactly what happens. So far we have no data to determine why you're having trouble with what everyone else succeeds at.
WFV
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: ArchLinux; Fedora; Ubuntu; Win7pro64; WinXP

Post by WFV »

If you're not sure how to upgrade to test versions, you might try disabling driver signing in the Win7 guest as a workaround. But also as requested, provide details of what you've done so far to learn how to install them.
didn't work
doesn't work... :wink: