Mouse doesn't work on guest either on host no i launch the VM

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
Akli

Mouse doesn't work on guest either on host no i launch the VM

Post by Akli »

Hello forum members,

I hope this message finds you well. I'm reaching out to seek assistance regarding a mouse functionality issue I'm experiencing when launching a VirtualBox machine running Ubuntu 16.04 on my Debian 12 host.

The problem is that the mouse doesn't seem to function properly within the virtual environment. I've tried troubleshooting on my own, but unfortunately, I haven't been able to resolve the issue. The host system is Debian 12, and the guest is Ubuntu 16.04.

If anyone has encountered a similar problem or has insights into potential solutions, I would greatly appreciate your assistance. Whether it's a configuration setting, a driver issue, or any other suggestions you may have, I'm open to trying different approaches to get the mouse working as expected in the virtual machine.
log.zip
(53.82 KiB) Downloaded 37 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Mouse doesn't work on guest either on host no i launch the VM

Post by mpack »

Akli wrote: 19. Nov 2023, 21:45 The problem is that the mouse doesn't seem to function properly
That is a rather vague problem description. Can you be more precise?

One problem I see is that your guest is running the 7.0.0 version of the Guest Additions. If I wanted to have problems I'd do it by installing the ".0.0" version of any software. You need to bring this up to date.

Also: increase the graphics RAM to 128MB.

One other problem: these are the VirtualBox forums, and you are not running VirtualBox. You are running a third party build (Debian). We don't support third party builds here.
gusnan

Post by gusnan »

To me this sound like a problem I used to have - see this thread:

viewtopic.php?t=87766&start=30

If it is the same problem, it can be solved (or at least worked around) by disabling the "mini toolbar" - see that thread for details on how it is done.
Akli

Post by Akli »

Thank you guys, i found the solution in this post :
viewtopic.php?t=110089#:~:text=Re%3A%20 ... eamless%22.