Virtualbox stops responding

Discussions about using Mac OS X guests (on Apple hardware) in VirtualBox.
nuno50

Virtualbox stops responding

Post by nuno50 »

I come to the forum to ask for help with a problem that I can't solve in any way and as I'm not a computer professional it makes it more difficult.
I've been using Virtuabox for many years, because I have a database program that is essential for my work that only runs on Windows.
I have Windows 7 32 bit installed and my current computer is a Macbook Pro 16 2019, Catalina.
Everything works well and is very fast and fluid, but on certain occasions the program stops responding for a while. It can take 10 seconds to 1 minute and then it goes back to work.
I read a suggestion here on the forum and started opening it in low resolution. It improved a little but not completely.
I'm using version 6.1 of Virtualbox because version 7 has many incompatibilities.
I've tried everything, I've installed several versions of Virtualbox, several configurations and I've even tried running the database program on a PC and it doesn't stop, so the problem is in Virtualbox.
Does anyone have an idea what's going wrong?
Thank you!
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Virtualbox stops responding

Post by scottgus1 »

Start the VM from full normal shutdown, not save-state. Run until you see the problem happen, then shut down the VM from within the VM's OS if possible. If not possible, close the Virtualbox window for the VM with the Power Off option set.

Right-click the VM in the main Virtualbox window's VM list, choose Show in Explorer/Finder/File Manager. In the "Logs" subfolder, zip the VM's "vbox.log", and post the zip file, using the forum's Attachments tab. (Configure your host OS to show all extensions so you can find the "vbox.log", not "vbox.log.1", etc.)
nuno50

Re: Virtualbox stops responding

Post by nuno50 »

Thank you very much for your answer and help.
I did everything you recommended and here is the file.
Thanks again.
Attachments
VBox.log.zip
(30.12 KiB) Downloaded 249 times