The One Problem With V-Box

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
Atheist Antichrist

The One Problem With V-Box

Post by Atheist Antichrist »

It doesn't work. Yeah, sure you can get a virtual OS to run through it but I sincerely hope you like the software bundled with the OS because getting something like a game image into it isn't gonna happen. If you can manage to get any file into it then I am impressed. I have to assume you're a wizard that possesses god-like power. I can install DOS. I can even get Win 3.1 up and running, but the ancient game I'm trying to play is a no go because...where is the CD-ROM? I added one. Then two. Then 50. Then removed them and started over again. I played the game in question on an old PC I constructed from parts I dug out of a trash pile at a job site years ago with little issue. So how is it that a VM can be so convoluted and useless? I have a theory. Who ever developed this POS is an idiot and needs to be sterilized before they reproduce, the last thing the world needs is more of them.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: The One Problem With V-Box

Post by mpack »

Oh - ok. Gloves off then, no need to ass lick.

There's no fixing stupid, ignorant and lazy. If you can't be bothered to read even the first chapter of the user manual then you get no sympathy from me. Not helped when you blame others (people and software) for your ignorance, that's what I consider stupid.

Nobody ever claimed that VirtualBox was a gaming platform. And btw Windows 3.1 did not come with a CD installer. That wasn't the norm until Windows 98SE. Also it sounds like you confused "Adding a CD drive" with "Inserting a CD into a drive". Because you're dumb.
javispedro
Primary OS: openSUSE
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Old & New Windows, Linux

Re: The One Problem With V-Box

Post by javispedro »

This is hardly a VirtualBox problem. Are you aware that MS-DOS (and so does Windows 3.x) requires a driver for the CD-ROM? I suggest you Google around a bit, or search one of the millions of tutorials, online videos, etc. etc.