Mouse stops working when going Full Screen

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
MikeCardenas

Mouse stops working when going Full Screen

Post by MikeCardenas »

Hello

I have this configuration

Laptop HP 245 G9, Ryzen 3, AMD Radeon Vega 3 graphics, 16Gb RAM. Operating system Linux Debian 12 64 bits with KDE Plasma.

Okay, I installed Windows 10 in a virtual machine, it worked, then installed guest additions, it worked. My screen is 1366x768 and windows does not fit in a window so I went into full screen mode and the mouse buttons do not respond anymore, I can move the pointer but not click anything, I have to use the keyboard, TAB, alt+key etc to close windows or go back to window mode, but even in window mode the mouse buttons still do not work anymore, even in the virtualbox main window (the launcher and machines configuration) do not respond to the mouse, I have to close the guest window (Windows 10) and the mouse works back again. The virtual machine blocks the mouse for all virtualbox windows after going full screen and it works again until the virtual machine is closed. While it is in window mode there is no problem.

What can be the problem and how can I solve it? I have used virtualbox on many computers with slackware, debian 9 10 11, fedora, etc. and never have seen something like this...

Thanks
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Mouse stops working when going Full Screen

Post by scottgus1 »

Please try disabling the Mini Toolbar:

Open the VM's Settings window, User Interface. Uncheck "Mini Toolbar: Show in Fullscreen/Seamless".

Please report what happens. There may be a bug.
MikeCardenas

Post by MikeCardenas »

scottgus1 wrote: 2. Sep 2023, 12:53 Please try disabling the Mini Toolbar:

Open the VM's Settings window, User Interface. Uncheck "Mini Toolbar: Show in Fullscreen/Seamless".

Please report what happens. There may be a bug.
I disabled the Mini Toolbar and the mouse works fine now, if I enable it again when going full screen it blocks again the mouse at all the VirtualBox windows including the main VirtualBox application.

Should I report it or what to do?

Thanks for your response and help
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Post by scottgus1 »

Thanks for the report. Yes this is a bug, you can post a Bugtracker ticket to tell the devs about it. A vbox.log from the VM could also help.