Error Message: A critical error has occurred while running the virtual machine

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
LeoRendon

Error Message: A critical error has occurred while running the virtual machine

Post by LeoRendon »

I'm trying to start my virtual machine but when I double click on it this message appears:
A critical error has occurred while running the virtual machine and the machine execution has been stopped.
For help, please see the Community section on or your support contract. Please provide the contents of the log file VBox.log and the image file VBox.png, which you can find in the /Users/leotorres/VirtualBox VMs/Windows 11/Logs directory, as well as a description of what you were doing when this error happened. Note that you can also access the above files by selecting Show Log from the Machine menu of the main VirtualBox window.
Press OK if you want to power off the machine or press Ignore if you want to leave it as is for debugging. Please note that debugging requires special knowledge and tools, so it is recommended to press OK now.

I don't know how to solve and I can't attach my logs file here cause it's my first post :(
Canexan

Re: Error Message: A critical error has occurred while running the virtual machine

Post by Canexan »

Ditto. I just signed up as well. Did you recently install the MacOS 13.3.1 update? I did so today, and now VirtualBox can't launch my Windows 11 VM.

Can I dump my log in here? Is that fair game, or is it going to break the forum?
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Error Message: A critical error has occurred while running the virtual machine

Post by scottgus1 »

LeoRendon wrote:I can't attach my logs file here cause it's my first post
Yes you could have, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab. Zipped logs fit.
Canexan wrote:Can I dump my log in here?
No, please start a different topic.