USB

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Solaris hosts.
kebabbert
Volunteer
Primary OS: OpenSolaris 11
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: WinXP, RedHat, Ubuntu

Re: USB

Post by kebabbert »

Ive heard something that USB is not supported on older builds than... 109? Therefore, upgrade OpenSolaris and VB. I am using USB on my OpenSolaris 2009.06 and it works. However, my Sony Ericsson Xperia X1 does not work. But memory sticks, etc, works.
pavelt
Primary OS: Solaris
Guest OSses: WinXP

Post by pavelt »

Memory sticks, some scanners, printers and some cameras are supported on the level of Solaris drivers, however, if somebody wants to support something else (like your phone), one needs to make the driver for this device. That is why it is easy to make support of memory sticks on Sun Ray - it is simple disk sharing over network.... But if you need to use it under MS Windows and on the level of Windows drivers, there is onely one way - to use USB pasthrough, which is not the art of Solaris and SRSS, nor the part of Virtual Box...
janmaat

Post by janmaat »

Hello,

USB redirection is part of rdp 6.1.
How will the Sunray Windows Connector (uttsc) handle this if Solaris and SRSS can not support it?

Ivar
pavelt
Primary OS: Solaris
Guest OSses: WinXP

Post by pavelt »

Who knows.... At least we have not heard that SRSS 5.0 will support USB redirection.... So, there is a chance to get SRSS without USB again.
praeTorian

Post by praeTorian »

I'm also using SRSS 5.2.1 with VB 4.1.8 and can't redirect USB. At the moment,
the only way that I see is to use USB sticks with shared folders...
Ramshankar
Oracle Corporation

Post by Ramshankar »

Reviving a two and half year old thread without any substantial information is not going to get much attention. Please open a new thread with relevant details.
Oracle Corp.