OSE system call to Linux Sytem Call

Discussions related to using the OSE version of VirtualBox.
roshantraj30
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: NOPE

OSE system call to Linux Sytem Call

Post by roshantraj30 »

My query is I am working on a system (BSC-Base station Controller Hardware) on which a particular subsytem which runs on OSE . The OSE uses the systems calls like efs_mount, hunt , sendfssResolveRequest( Resolve a name returning a file system object by sending the signal FSS_RESOLVE_REQUEST). Now we are trying to migrate our subsytem to Linux. Hence I would like to get the corresponding Linux systems calls which can be used. Please help me out if you find an answer.

Thank you..

Regards
Roshan
frank
Oracle Corporation
Primary OS: Debian Sid
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Linux, Windows

Re: OSE system call to Linux Sytem Call

Post by frank »

I'm not sure if I understand your question. If you are running an application within VirtualBox OSE then this application usually runs in the same way on a bare machine and you don't need to change anything.
aeichner
Oracle Corporation

Post by aeichner »

@roshantraj30: Are you sure that you are in the right forum?
If I understand your question correctly you are referring to the "Operating System Embedded" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operating_System_Embedded
This is the VirtualBox forum and OSE means OpenSource Edition and has nothing to do with realtime embedded operating system.
roshantraj30
Primary OS: Linux other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: NOPE

Post by roshantraj30 »

Yes you are right. I was referring to same OSE which you have mentioned. We are using OSE5.2 and OSE4.5 and this is not a virtualBOX OSE. I couldn't find a forum where i could post my query exactly. Could you help me out where i could post my query on OSE5.2?

Thanks and Regards
Roshan