Seamless remote desktop

Here you can provide suggestions on how to improve the product, website, etc.
Martink

Seamless remote desktop

Post by Martink »

Is it maybe a good idea to make a virtual box remote client with seamless support? And maybe also make it possible to run the server as deamon on text only systems.
Technologov
Volunteer

Post by Technologov »

Seamless remote desktop is good idea.

>And maybe also make it possible to run the server as deamon on text only systems.

This is possible now.
Brazen

Post by Brazen »

Technologov wrote:Seamless remote desktop is good idea.

>And maybe also make it possible to run the server as deamon on text only systems.

This is possible now.
note: I think terming it "seamless remote desktop" is a bad way of putting it since that makes me think of their current built-in rdp.

Having the full-featured gui client be able to access a remote cli-only machine running VB is a fabulous idea, and the biggest show stopper for me switching from VMWare Server right now.

This would actually be possible right now, but it would be complicated to set up. You would have to install something like an x server on cygwin on Windows and then start the gui from the remote server through that. But since all linux internal communication goes through the network stack anyway, it should only take a few lines of code change to build native support in the VB gui to connect to a remote machine.