Problem seeing entire Desktop

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
naelee

Problem seeing entire Desktop

Post by naelee »

Aloha, I use a MacBook. I have installed VirtualBox. The problem I am having is seeing my entire desktop when in VirtualBox. I changed my resolution so it's full screen but the problem we are both having (two people, two MacBooks) is that we are not able to see the entire desktop and cannot use the scroll bar. When windows are opened, they go to the top of the VirtualBox window, which we cannot see until we release the cursor, scroll up then click back into VirtualBox, capturing the mouse again and then we can see the window...however, we can no longer see the Start menu @ the bottom...so we have to again, release the mouse, scroll down to see the Start menu/taskbar...capture the mouse again to work w/i the VirtualBox window....

It doesn't appear to matter what size the screen resolution is, the problem remains the same....I may not be explaining it clearly, but no matter what we do, it's a problem....is there anyone who can help me resolve this????

Thanks so much!! :)

Naelee
nitecruser

Windows XP Screen Display

Post by nitecruser »

I have a macbook pro and this is what I do. Keep in mind that I prefer not to use full screen (I always like to be able to click on the mac desktop).

1) start windows or linux client in vb
2) set the display dimensions to something smaller than the max resolution for your mac display (e.g. if the max dimension for your mac display is 1000x800, then set the windows display to 768x480). Be sure to use only the defaults that are listed; you could run into problems if you try to type in the dimensions.

Good luck,
naelee

Re: Windows XP Screen Display

Post by naelee »

Thank you for the reply -- I'll give it a go...I appreciate your response! :)
nitecruser wrote:I have a macbook pro and this is what I do. Keep in mind that I prefer not to use full screen (I always like to be able to click on the mac desktop).

1) start windows or linux client in vb
2) set the display dimensions to something smaller than the max resolution for your mac display (e.g. if the max dimension for your mac display is 1000x800, then set the windows display to 768x480). Be sure to use only the defaults that are listed; you could run into problems if you try to type in the dimensions.

Good luck,