resolution MacBook with Win XP

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X hosts.
sela

resolution MacBook with Win XP

Post by sela »

I got 13" MacBook and can't set te Virtual Box to use the maximum resolution which is 1920x1200 as got 24" screen also on the 13" screen 1280x800 wouldn't be detected by the Windows XP
any idea why? I upgraded to the 2.1.0 version today and still it doesn't work.
sknick

Re: resolution MacBook with Win XP

Post by sknick »

sela wrote:I got 13" MacBook and can't set te Virtual Box to use the maximum resolution which is 1920x1200 as got 24" screen also on the 13" screen 1280x800 wouldn't be detected by the Windows XP
any idea why? I upgraded to the 2.1.0 version today and still it doesn't work.
did you install the latest vbox additions?

did you try the machine menu, auto resize guest display? enable that option and then drag the lower right corner to make it the size you want.
sela

Post by sela »

I'm not sure what are the vbox additions? I have the latest version of vbox, where do I download the additions for mac? I tried google it, but couldn't find it.
sknick

Post by sknick »

sela wrote:I'm not sure what are the vbox additions? I have the latest version of vbox, where do I download the additions for mac? I tried google it, but couldn't find it.
no need to download, they come with virtualbox. when your XP VM is running, go to the VirtualBox Devices menu (in Mac OS X), choose install guest additions. You'll see an installer autorun in your VM after that.