No internet after installing this software

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
Zaria
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Ubuntu

No internet after installing this software

Post by Zaria »

Hi friends, I have installed Virtualbox on Windows 11 PC. But I am having a problem with the software. I cant access any internet on my PC. I dont know if the problem is happening due to install the software or not. Has anyone encountered such kind of issue before? Any help would be highly appreciated.
Zaria
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Ubuntu

Re: No internet after installing this software

Post by Zaria »

Thank you so much for approving the post. But the issue was happening due to not installing this software, it was the Chrome internet issue.

The internet was disabled in the Chrome browser. Yes, after posting the thread here, I was casually searching online and found this post. During searching, suddenly I saw a post and then it was struck in my mind to check the internet access in other browsers.

Then I checked the internet in Firefox and the internet was stable there. Then I immediately enabled the internet in Chrome following the entire article and now there was no kind of internet issue.

Anyway, I would like to know one thing, one of my friends uses a Mac, is he able to download Virtualbox there? Is this software available to install on Mac?
Last edited by Zaria on 2. May 2024, 20:35, edited 1 time in total.
multiOS
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: WIN11,10, 7, Linux (various)

Re: No internet after installing this software

Post by multiOS »

Congratulations on self-solving your original issue.

On your follow up question, 'Yes', VirtualBox is available for macOS, but there is a distinction between Intel-based and the newer 'M' series (ARM) hardware, i.e. A stable version of VirtualBox is available for Intel powered Macs on the VirtualBox Download page but, currently, there are only 'Developer Preview/BETA' version releases available for ARM powered Mac systems, with limited capability. If you need any further detail, please post a new topic thread in the relevant sub forum.