Mouse integration have an erratic behavior with Windows 10 guest

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
obuhard

Mouse integration have an erratic behavior with Windows 10 guest

Post by obuhard »

Hi all,

I encounter another difficulty with my Windows 10 guest, which I run under ubuntu 22.04 host.
I use the 7.0.14 VirtualBox manager to run this VM. The mouse integration seems to be functional at Windows 10 startup but I often loose it rapidly, for unknown reason. I sometimes don't have the time to do much more that closing the information panel on the right, the overlay telling my that mouse integration and auto-capture is enabled, and sometimes I can even not close this panel, mouse becomes no more available either for guest nor it is for the VM manager, although I can still use it normally with any other program ran in my ubuntu session...
This is quiet annoying as it may happen at any time without any warning and I'm then obliged to close all my stuff.
In general, running it again directly after I closed it will not make it better, I'm obliged to restart the computer to have a chance to get the mouse back, sometimes for a few minutes, sometimes not at all :(
Again, as it is the case in my previous post (a problem with screen resolution in windows 10 guest), I don't have this problem under windows 7, or at least less often.

Is there a way to get around this strange behavior?

Thank you a lot to those who can and will help.
obuhard

Re: Mouse integration have an erratic behavior with Windows 10 guest

Post by obuhard »

It seems not much people knows.

Well I think this was at least in part due to the fact my computer didn't have enough RAM memory. I upgraded it a few days ago from 8 to 16 Go RAM and I do not have the problem as often as before. I also removed the mini tool bar with the VM options and got this way an even better behavior of the Windows 10 guest which now keep correctly the mouse functioning.

There still remain my problem with screen resolution I cannot got full size in my previous message, but I this it is something no one here can help to solve, so I'll make with it...
multiOS
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: WIN11,10, 7, Linux (various)

Re: Mouse integration have an erratic behavior with Windows 10 guest

Post by multiOS »

One possible reason you received no responses is that you didn't include a copy of the VBox.log file from a VM run that may have shown the possible cause of your problem. The data in the VBox.log provides details about the Host System's capabilities and the VM configuration and may highlight or provide clues to any errors/problems encountered during the live run. Without that analytical information other forum users who may have an answer and are willing to help can only guess what the cause of your problem may be, or perhaps they just pass on and leave it to someone else to ask for more detailed information.

In future, if you want to ask for help, please shut down the VM when you have experienced an issue you can't resolve; then 'zip' a copy of the VBox.log and attach the zipped file to your forum post using the Attachments Tab. If you are unsure how to find the VM log files, then right click on the VM listed in the VirtualBox Manager and select the option to 'Show in [your file manager]' and look in the 'Logs' Folder.