Updated to 7.0.16 and now cannot seem to create snapshot of my XP VM

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
lylejk

Updated to 7.0.16 and now cannot seem to create snapshot of my XP VM

Post by lylejk »

Yes; ran checkdsk to make sure my XP VM didn't have any bugs. Anyone else having similar issues?
lylejk

Re: Updated to 7.0.16 and now cannot seem to create snapshot of my XP VM

Post by lylejk »

Not sure what the update did to my Guest XP. Ended up completely hosing (removing) it (only use this XP VM for a game I like to play (Win98 game that happens to still work in XP). After rebuilding the OS, now I can save the state and also create snapshots once again. Still, never ran across this particular issue with VB updates in the past. Hope not to do so again. Sucks to have to completely rebuild a guest box for a solution. Maybes something went flaky with the guest after the update. Even ran Chkdsk /f but to no avail prior to starting from scratch. Regardless, at least I got my XP guest working again even if I had to hose the original one in order to get it to work again. :)
multiOS
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: WIN11,10, 7, Linux (various)

Post by multiOS »

There is now a warning against installing the initial release of 7.0.16 on the VirtualBox Downloads page, but it's not clear (to me) that the problem identified would have been involved with your specific issue. However, you may want to check if you also have other VMs installed.
lylejk

Post by lylejk »

Appreciate the heads up. Should have adhered to the wait a week method (use to actually wait 2 weeks before updating VB). lol

:)