Setting up USB peripherals

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
AdrianeS
Primary OS: MS Windows other
VBox Version: OSE other
Guest OSses: Parrot Security

Setting up USB peripherals

Post by AdrianeS »

Hello,
I'm having some trouble getting started. I can't get my usb peripherals (mouse and keyboard) to work in a Tails OS machine. Initially, I added them through the machine's settings menu and was able to click on my mouse and keyboard, along with USB3, to add them. After launching the machine, neither were working. I stopped it and came here for help. I tried following the instructions in this post: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=39104#p176270 but in step 3 where it says to right click on the .inf file and choose "install", no such option exists. I have never seen that option in a context menu in Windows before. Can someone please help me clarify what to do here? I've read through many other forum posts with similar issues and so far have not found a solution that works.

This is a first time install of virtualbox. The version is 7.0.14 r161095 (Qt5.15.2). I also installed the extension pack version 7.0.14r161095. I am running the latest version of Windows 11 home and just installed Parrot Security version 6.0 on my first virtual machine. Please let me know if you need anything else from me. Here is the log.txt file for the Tails machine: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zmVg5q ... drive_link

EDIT: I was finally able to get my keyboard working by using the capture function but I have not been able to get my mouse to work yet.