Extension pack won't install

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
Gamesdrop

Extension pack won't install

Post by Gamesdrop »

I want to use usb 2.0 or 3.0 on a windows 10 VM but it's saying i need to download an extension pack, so i download it from the site and tried installing it but it gave me this error. I'm on a (mostly) fresh install of linux mint cinnamon 21.3.

Code: Select all

Failed to install the Extension Pack /home/steven/Downloads/Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack-7.0.14.vbox-extpack.

Failed to load the main module ('/usr/lib/virtualbox/ExtensionPacks/Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack/linux.amd64/VBoxPuelMain so'): VERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND - /usr/lib/virtualbox/ExtensionPacks/Oracle_VM_VirtualBox_Extension_Pack/linux.amd64/VBoxPuelMain so: undefined symbol: _ZN20RTCRestClientApiBase9setCAFileERK9RTCString.

Result Code: NS_ERROR_FAILURE (0x80004005)
Component: ExtPackManagerWrap
Interface: IExtPackManager {70401eef-c8e9-466b-9660-45cb3e9979e4}

klaus
Oracle Corporation

Re: Extension pack won't install

Post by klaus »

Sounds like you're using VirtualBox 6.1, because for that version you need the (matching!) Extension Pack for USB2/3 support. With VirtualBox 7.0 the USB 2/3 support is part of the base package.
Gamesdrop

Re: Extension pack won't install

Post by Gamesdrop »

Thanks for the reply, I had actually forgot about this post since I had problems with my OS and dual booting windows and when i fixed it I had already downloaded the newest version from the website witch fixed my problem. Anyways thanks for the help