Critical Error /w Turtle - VM Launch Failure

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
BAHF1S

Critical Error /w Turtle - VM Launch Failure

Post by BAHF1S »

Blessed1-2024-03-18-18-08-39.zip
(61.35 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
I get the following error when trying to start my vm, can someone please help me with fixing this issue? I would post the log file but it's 4500 lines long.

Guru Meditation
A critical error has occurred while running the virtual machine and the machine execution has been stopped.
For help, please see the Community section. Please provide the contents of the log file VBox.log and the image file VBox.png, which you can find in the C:\Users\DLW\VirtualBox VMs\Logs directory, as well as a description of what you were doing when this error happened. Note that you can also access the above files by selecting Show Log from the Machine menu of the main VirtualBox window.
Press OK if you want to power off the machine or press Ignore if you want to leave it as is for debugging. Please note that debugging requires special knowledge and tools, so it is recommended to press OK now.
Last edited by BAHF1S on 19. Mar 2024, 21:31, edited 2 times in total.
Ramshankar
Oracle Corporation

Re: Critical Error /w Turtle - VM Launch Failure

Post by Ramshankar »

Please upload the VBox.log file after compressing it using ZIP and adding it here as an attachment.
Oracle Corp.
BAHF1S

Post by BAHF1S »

Hello Ramshankar, I attached the log file, please let me know your thoughts when you get time.
klaus
Oracle Corporation

Post by klaus »

Very early triple fault after a boot from DVD image. Very little memory, just 1GB. Very odd guest OS type, "RedHat_64" which does not use the default memory size for such an unspecific distro (should be using 2GB). Could it be that you're trying with RHEL9?
fth0
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Linux, Windows 10, ...

Post by fth0 »

This is a known issue in the VirtualBox Unattended Installation of RHEL 9.3 and others (see Can't get RHEL 9.x to load on VBOX - error log below! and #21566 for details).

Please use the manual installation for the time being.