eve-ng crash

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
kamen

eve-ng crash

Post by kamen »

hi,
having an issue crashing eve-ng on virtualbox. cisco items seem to be fine, it would appear when i installed fortigate kvm image all started to to downhil. now even some cisco items cause a crash. all my images are downloaded from the manufacturers sites, tried to re-donload and re-install several times but no luck. included is a zip file with all my logs and the error that comes up on console.

initially all ran fine, about a week ago my eve-ng vm started to crash at random times after startup. now it will crash 100% of the time within 5 minutes of the start of vm. running virtualbox ver 7.0.10r158379(QT5.15.2) and eve-ng/(ubuntu ver20.04.6 LTS) (eve-ng) ver 5.0.1-19/amd64. at random after about 5 minutes the vm crashes with error (attached in .rar file). thanks for checking, it's been driving me nuts.

thanks for any insight into this, pete

EVE-NG /Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS (GNU/Linux 5.17.8-eve-ng-uksm-wg+ x86_64)
Attachments
vbox.png
vbox.png (10.75 KiB) Viewed 420 times
VBox.log
(197.29 KiB) Downloaded 10 times
console_err.JPG
console_err.JPG (101.83 KiB) Viewed 420 times
kamen

Re: eve-ng crash

Post by kamen »

just an update, installed vmware player17 and all works without a glitch. i've been using virtualbox for years now and would like to stay with vb but can't dispute that all works on one platform and not on the other...