Virtual Box Guru meditation error everytime on the screen

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Linux hosts.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Virtual Box Guru meditation error everytime on the screen

Post by scottgus1 »

scottgus1 wrote: 6. Feb 2024, 21:08 Try these suggestions here: viewtopic.php?t=103993
scottgus1 wrote: 7. Feb 2024, 19:07 Also, please see the ideas here viewtopic.php?t=103993
scottgus1 wrote: 7. Feb 2024, 19:53 Please try the ideas here: viewtopic.php?t=103993 on the physical PC.
:wink:
fth0
Volunteer
Primary OS: Mac OS X other
Guest OSses: Linux, Windows 10, ...

Post by fth0 »

@scottgus1:
FWIW, the suggestions from the other thread didn't help in some other users' cases, but are worth a try nonetheless.

@Safai:
Another suggestion would be to try VirtualBox 6.1.50. The background reason is that in VirtualBox 7.0, nested virtualization is heavily being reworked to support newer nested scenarios (e.g. Hyper-V inside VirtualBox), with the consequence of some new and improved bugs. ;)
Safal

Post by Safal »

Will the Virtual Box 6.1.50 works for me dear fth0 ?
Yes i tried to suggestuon of scottgs but it didnt worked for me.

I also tried various steps but it didn't worked for me. So, i am glad that you guys are replying to my posts and are trying to fix my problem. Hope i will get the perfect solution soon expertisee.
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

Safal wrote: 8. Feb 2024, 06:56 Will the Virtual Box 6.1.50 works for me dear fth0 ?
All you would need to do is try it. Uninstall Virtualbox and get 6.1.50 from here:
https://download.virtualbox.org/virtualbox/
https://www.virtualbox.org/wiki/Download_Old_Builds
Safal

Post by Safal »

It didnt worked for me. Now The Guru Medittion error occurs with the new error i.e :
GIM: KVM: Resetting MSRs
VMMR3LogFlusher: Terminating (VERR_OBJECT_DESTROYED)
Changing the VM state from Destroying to Terminated.

I have a 0 rating for virtual box hoestly. how can i do my labs now am so scared. Am gonna fail with the fu* Guru Meditation error.

Expertisee please help me if you can. How can i contact and repair it please help me.
scottgus1
Site Moderator

Post by scottgus1 »

Your host CPU is capable of nested virtualization. But it could be there's something else getting in the way. If you're using your own PC for this, are you able to use one of the lab computers instead? It could be your teacher could diagnose the setup better on the lab PC.

BTW, please post the log for the 6.1.50 run. Maybe fth0 or another forum guru might see the problem.