Direct3D HW Acceleration Not Working

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Direct3D HW Acceleration Not Working

Post by scottgus1 »

mi6 wrote: 10. Feb 2024, 13:27 We can't, the person has been sacked by Oracle last year, and since last year Oracle has NOT replaced the contact.
Wait, though, you said earlier:
mi6 wrote: 31. Jan 2024, 17:59 I will contact oracle at higher level trough my company
So do you or Foxconn have a contact with Oracle or do you not?

We on the forum are only fellow users of free Virtualbox, like you are. We need a log to have the slightest chance to try to diagnose what is going wrong with your setup. And if your setup is really secret new hardware, it is unlikely that we would know how to diagnose it.

If you cannot provide a log to us for legal reasons, then you or Foxconn must contact Oracle through their support store and ask for a new support contract. I see no earthly reason why Oracle would not sell a support contract to Foxconn. Then the devs can get the NDAs and such necessary to figure out why Virtualbox isn't working on your secret hardware.

FWIW Virtualbox 7.0 has major graphics changes, so some bugs will exist for some time, especially considering the ever-changing hardware and operating system landscape. The devs continue to work on the bugs they learn of through posted logs, Bugtracker reports, and paid support contracts.

The following are principles that help Virtualbox run Windows 10 and 11 as best as it can get for now:
  1. Run the latest Virtualbox. If you use the Extension Pack, always match the Extension Pack version to the Virtualbox version.
  2. If you have 3D acceleration enabled in the VM's Display settings, then use the matching version Guest Additions that comes with Virtualbox.
  3. Use maximum video RAM.
  4. Use two processors in the VM, unless you have installed 3rd-party multi-processor-aware parallel processing software in the VM.
  5. Windows 10 & 11 must have their Transparency Effects turned off.
  6. Virtualbox has never billed itself as a gaming platform. Don't expect games, especially high-graphics games, to work.
Bug reports here go only to your fellow users on the forum. You have to post on the Bugtracker, with a zipped log and a process to reproduce the bug, to get the devs' attention. If you or your company purchase a support contract, you can go through that support channel instead of the forum or the Bugtracker, thus possibly satisfying the NDAs.

With the NDA requirement, you cannot get the support you or your company need here. You must purchase a support contract from Oracle to get NDA-compatible support.

Do not attempt to continue this discussion on the forum in any new posts or you will be banned.

------------------
BTW, I'm all packed for Siberia, but I haven't received my tickets or itinerary yet. Tell the MSS & FSB to get a move on, will you?