Unknow fatal Error during Virtualbox installation

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
Dascha

Unknow fatal Error during Virtualbox installation

Post by Dascha »

Hello everyone,

For three years, I've been using VirtualBox on the same PC without encountering major issues. However, over the last week, error messages have started to appear sporadically, worsening the situation. Additionally, I recently noticed that in fullscreen mode, the host's taskbar remains visible.

After facing these issues, I considered reinstalling VirtualBox to address the difficulties. However, during the reinstallation, the VirtualBox installation crashes during the "Installation Validation" phase with the message "Setup aborted." Trying to "repair" from the Control Panel (in Programs and Features) results in a warning about an inaccessible Internet resource and a non-existent path in %temp% with Windows 2000 icons.

I am using Windows 10 Home Edition OEM on an Asus Vivobook 15/Amd a6 6625 with virtualization/4GB RAM (3.88GB usable)/VirtualBox 7.0.14 with extension pack (7.0.14). I don't want to reinstall Windows entirely as I have an Office license on it, and I don't want to risk losing it. I also use VMware Workstation Player 17.5 on the same PC as VirtualBox.

I am contemplating upgrading my VirtualBox to the beta version 7.0.15 because with the installer for 7.0.14, it only offers to repair or uninstall. Currently, I'm hesitant to uninstall it, as if I can't reinstall it, I won't be able to use many old work peripherals.

Any assistance, advice, or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much for your invaluable help!

Sorry for the Bad english grammar,I am French! :D 😂