Virtualbox - kali linux stuck at logo.

Discussions about using Linux guests in VirtualBox.
eleven

Virtualbox - kali linux stuck at logo.

Post by eleven »

scottgus1 wrote: 22. Nov 2020, 05:48 Looks like you have a Windows host, and it is possible Hyper-V is enabled.

Start the guest from full normal shutdown, not save-state. Run until you see the problem happen, then shut down the guest from within the guest OS if possible. If not possible, close the Virtualbox window for the guest with the Power Off option set.

Right-click the guest in the main Virtualbox window's guest list, choose Show Log. Save the far left tab's log. Search the log for these words:

Attempting fall back to NEM

If these words are in your guest's vbox.log, Hyper-V is enabled. See HMR3Init: Attempting fall back to NEM (Hyper-V is active)

If these words are not present, zip the vbox.log, and post the zip file, using the forum's Upload Attachment tab.
i am encountring the same issue. i followed ur tutorial and the Hyper-V is disabled,i zipped the log files,where should is post the zipped file or what shall i do next
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: Virtualbox - kali linux stuck at logo.

Post by scottgus1 »

Please post the zip file, using the forum's Attachments tab. (The tab name changed recently.)