Debian buster client on Windows 11 host will crash

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
NCG_tom

Debian buster client on Windows 11 host will crash

Post by NCG_tom »

Hi everyone,
I have a problem when I try to start my buster client on a Window 11 host. When I start the client I will get an error that the logging can't be done.
boot_1.jpg
boot_1.jpg (61.06 KiB) Viewed 772 times
Then everything seems to be ok, the system will start up in the normal way.
boot_2.jpg
boot_2.jpg (73.84 KiB) Viewed 772 times
Then the screen becomes blank, the after a while it will show a similar screen as before for a moment, then become blank again.
When the graphical ui should start up I will get the following screen from Vurtual Box.
boot_4.jpg
boot_4.jpg (33.83 KiB) Viewed 772 times

I run Virtual Box 7.0.12 r159484 on a Windows 11 system. The host system have 32 MBytes of memory, on the hard drive where the client is installed I have 26 GBytes of free disk space.
It would be great if anybody coudl give me a hint to fix this problem.
NCG_tom

Re: Debian buster client on Windows 11 host will crash

Post by NCG_tom »

Hi Everyone,
I looked further to find a solution for my problem.
First I found that the debian system is still running after the 'Oh no! Something has gone wrong.' screen was displayed. I could access the system by ssh and everything ran as usual, only the UI was not shown.
I tried different settings with the graphics controller where I had the same resut as before. At the end I switched on the option 'Enable 3D Acceleration' for the dialplay and this was the solution. With this setting the UI is shown evething worj as expected.