VirtualBox implementation of Windows guest is incompatible with Microsoft .NET API

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
FEHE

Re: VirtualBox implementation of Windows guest is incompatible with Microsoft .NET API

Post by FEHE »

fth0 wrote: 3. Jan 2024, 12:56 FWIW, the comment in the ticket was triggered by a chat between its author and me, so there's nothing to add to the ticket from my side. Ultimately, klaus comment means that the VirtualBox developers have to consider additional boundary conditions in the direction of "never change a running system", and it's not clear yet if and how they will change the current behavior of VirtualBox. We'll have to see if they take a closer look at it after the current holiday period ...
Believe me when I say that I am a big fan of "never change a running system" approach. However, we need to find a balance between that and a normal evolution of the systems. I mean, I was happy with Windows 95, I hate that they discontinued Windows 7, but you cannot stop the technological progress and you need to keep up with it.