MacOS Monterey install freezing less than a minute remaining

Discussions related to using VirtualBox on Windows hosts.
yas7ngzl
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: OSE self-compiled
Guest OSses: MacOs

MacOS Monterey install freezing less than a minute remaining

Post by yas7ngzl »

Hello, I am trying to install macOS on my Windows computer using VirtualBox VM. However, I encounter an error almost towards the end of the installation. There is no issue on the initial setup screen, but when it transitions to the second screen with the black background and the Apple logo, it makes me wait for about 29 minutes. Afterward, the virtual machine restarts. As I wait for the progress bar to fill up on the subsequent screen, the virtual machine restarts again, and at almost the final step, it either displays the message: "AppleKeyStore:11114:112: operation failed (set:7 ret: e00002bc, 100000)," or it freezes with the message: "IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0."

My computer's hardware specifications are as follows: Intel 11th Gen i5, NVIDIA GTX 1650, 8 GB DDR4 RAM, 512 GB SSD. For the virtual machine settings, I configure them as follows: 2-4 GB RAM, 80 GB storage, USB 3.0 enabled, sound disabled, screen with 128 MB, and 1-2 CPU processors.

I've also tried the following commands found online, but they didn't work: cd "C:\Program Files\Oracle\VirtualBox\"
VBoxManage setextradata "MacOs" "VBoxInternal/TM/TSCMode" "RealTSCOffset"

I have attempted installation with different ISO files, but I encounter the same error at the same stage.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: MacOS Monterey install freezing less than a minute remaining

Post by scottgus1 »

Apple requires that a Mac guest is only allowed if the physical computer is real Apple hardware.
OSX guests on non-Apple hardware

I don't know if an 11th-gen Intel was used by Apple, so if you are really using an Apple computer, please start a new topic in the Mac Guests forum, with a zipped guest vbox.log, posted using the forum's Attachments tab.