VBoxmanage unattended install

This is for discussing general topics about how to use VirtualBox.
HaotongYang

Post by HaotongYang »

Code: Select all

The scriptTemplatePath (XML file) and postInstallScriptTemplatePath (CMD file) are specified. However, I could not change the names of the two files in the img file generated by default, including "VBOXPOST.CMD". How can I change the name of the file "VBOXPOST.CMD"?
If I can't change the name, what command can I use to create an img file? I can also try to create an img file manually.
20231219154421.png
20231219154421.png (39.78 KiB) Viewed 2094 times

In order to customize I specified xml and cmd files, xml belongs to windows unattended file name automatically change this nothing, but cmd file why change it. If I change it to what I need or if I use the command to create an img floppy drive file.
scottgus1
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Windows, Linux

Re: VBoxmanage unattended install

Post by scottgus1 »

The names of the files you want to change are the same as the .vbox and .vdi files' names (before the .extension). The actual name is a UUID.

The name of the .vbox file is actually set by Virtualbox to be the name of the VM at creation. The .vdi file is also set the same by Virtualbox, though you have an opportunity to change it while creating the VM.

Did you intentionally name this VM by a UUID?

I am not familiar with the process that unattended installation goes through, so I can only guess why you can't change those names: maybe they need to be the same as the .vbox file name for Virtualbox to find them? Only a guess, though.

Since you're trying to customize things, please list exactly the steps you went through to make the VM, and the exact customizations you made afterward. Maybe a forum guru can help.