Widescreen Resolution Option Disappeared

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
rscott5

Widescreen Resolution Option Disappeared

Post by rscott5 »

Hi all,
I am running Ubuntu 7.04 Host and Windows XP Profession SP2 as VM. I installed the Guest Additions software in the Windows VM and it worked perfect and allowed for me to set the resolution at 1680x1050 (widescreen), which is what I run my Host at as well. Last week I booted into the Windows VM and the resolution changed back to 800x600. When I go to the resolution options in Windows, there are a ton of options, but all of them are 4:3, no widescreen. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Guest Addition software, but it did not help. How to I get the widescreen options back, so that I can continue running my VM at 1680x1050? Thanks in advance for your help.
Ingo
Volunteer

Post by Ingo »

Maybe you have accidently switched one of the options Adjust window size or Auto-resize Guest Display? Look at the Menubar under Machine.
rscott5

Post by rscott5 »

That was exactly it, all I had to do was Enable the "Auto-Resize Guest Display" box under the Machine menu and then switch to Full Screen, thank you so much, I can't believe I couldn't find that. Thanks!