Attempting to run Windows 11 on Mac OS Ventura 13.5.2 via VirtualBox... Critical Error (guru meditation)!

For discussions related to using VirtualBox on Mac OS X pre-releases
lutherwaffles

Attempting to run Windows 11 on Mac OS Ventura 13.5.2 via VirtualBox... Critical Error (guru meditation)!

Post by lutherwaffles »

Good evening, all.

My name is Luther, and I am trying to utilize VirtualBox on my Macbook Pro (M1 chip). I am on Ventura 13.5.2., and based on the guidance provided on ticket #21563 (albeit related to Ventura 13.3), I tried to install the latest VirtualBox I could find ("VirtualBox-7.0.13_BETA4-160260-macOSArm64").

Using this + the proper ISO from Microsoft, I tried to launch Windows 11.

I allocated 8192MB of memory, and I *thought* 6 cores (out of 20; but with the machine in "Powered off," it is showing that the Processors bar is grayed out and the CPU count is 1, not the previously-configured 6).

I've attached the "VBox.log" and the "VBox.png" from the latest attempt (and subsequent crash) if they are of any use. Frankly, I don't know what I'm looking at, so I'm hoping that someone here can help.

So, to summarize:
1. The problem: I am experiencing a "Critical Error" within the guru meditation modal. I never get past the Windows logo/icon.
2. The goal: To run Windows 11 Pro within the aforementioned VirtualBox version (or any other version, so long as it works! Haha).

Thank you all for your time!
Attachments
VBox.log.zip
(68.69 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
VBox.png
VBox.png (12.55 KiB) Viewed 3954 times
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Attempting to run Windows 11 on Mac OS Ventura 13.5.2 via VirtualBox... Critical Error (guru meditation)!

Post by mpack »

You can't run a modern OS on the VirtualBox ARM beta.

Nor can you configure more than 1 core.

Please read the sticky topic at the top of the MacOS Hosts forum.