Windows 7 Guest Guru Meditation 1155(VINF_EM_TRIPLE_FAULT)

Discussions about using Windows guests in VirtualBox.
imhaeyong

Windows 7 Guest Guru Meditation 1155(VINF_EM_TRIPLE_FAULT)

Post by imhaeyong »

I exported an appliance(.ova) to a new computer. Before I imported, that virtual box could work perfectly in the old computer.
But After I successfully imported this new VM, I can enter into the Windows 7 system and could see the Deskopt.
Only After a few seconds, a message box pops up ''A critical error has occurred while running the virtual machine and the machi execution has been stopped."
I attached the log files.
Thanks in advance if you could help me to resolve this issue.
Attachments
VBoxHardening.zip
(28.67 KiB) Downloaded 43 times
VBox.zip
(123.38 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
Last edited by mpack on 14. Nov 2023, 12:03, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Correct misleading Host/Guest identification. Win7 is the guest.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Re: Windows 7 Host Guru Meditation 1155(VINF_EM_TRIPLE_FAULT)

Post by mpack »

Superfluous third party AV detected: Trend Micro.

Also, I noticed that you chose a Win7-32bit template and then allocate 6GB RAM to it. Win7-32bit supports a maximum of 4GB RAM.

And I would reduce the CPU allocation to 2 cores.

The log contains notations about timers that I don't recognize...

The 6.1.0 Guest Additions you have currently installed are rather old and are also the ".0" release from that branch. Not a great choice.
But hopefully you read the 7.0.12 discussion topic and will not make the mistake of installing the 7.0.12 Guest Additions into a Win7 guest.
imhaeyong

Post by imhaeyong »

Hi Thanks for your reply. I changed the memory to 4GB and 2 processors and uninstall the guest additions. Still got the same result.
However, by entering the SAFE MODE, there is no error at all. Could you please give hints about this? Attachment today's VM Log.
Attachments
VBox_1114.zip
(108.17 KiB) Downloaded 36 times
Last edited by imhaeyong on 14. Nov 2023, 09:46, edited 1 time in total.
mpack
Site Moderator
Primary OS: MS Windows 10
VBox Version: PUEL
Guest OSses: Mostly XP

Post by mpack »

The fact that it runs in safe mode tells you it's a driver problem of some kind. Possibly due to a hardening problem.

Also you have a version mismatch between the extension pack and the host software (7.0.4 vs 7.0.12). This should not cause the crash, but it should be fixed anyway.

You get a triple fault quite early in the boot process. IME this usually means some kind of corruption of the boot disk VDI file.